This is an index to the images of plants, flowers and trees on this website.
If you are interested in licensing any images, please do not hesitate to contact me: headgardener [at] LavenderHedge.co.uk with full details of your requirements.
Plants by flowering time:
If you are looking for seasonal interest in your garden, or are trying to identify a plant in flower, you may find the following filters useful.
Please note that plants do not always flower when they should, so this is only an approximate guide.
Winter – Flowering approximately in the months of December, January, February
Spring – Flowering approximately in the months of March, April and May
Summer – Flowering approximately in the months of June, July, August
Plants by alphabetical listing:
- Acer 'Flamingo'
- Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream'
- Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut)
- Agapanthus (Lily of the Nile)
- Allium giganteum, seed head
- Amaryllis Red Lion
- Amaryllis Red Lion, bud
- Amaryllis Red Lion, dead flowers
- Anemone coronaria, purple
- Araucaria araucana (Monkey Puzzle Tree)
- Bellis perennis (Daisies)
- Betula pendula (Silver Birch)
- Bluebell Wood
- Box Topiary
- Briza media (Quaking Grass)
- Camellia x williamsii 'Debbie'
- Ceanothus ‘Yankee Point
- Centaurea cyanus
- Cerinthe Major Purpurascens
- Cherry tree blossom
- Clematis armandii
- Clematis Dr Ruppel
- Cotinus coggyria ‘Royal Purple’
- Crab Apples
- Crocosmia paniculata
- Crocus, purple
- Crocus, yellow
- Dactylorhiza fuchsii (Common Spotted Orchid)
- Daffodil, white
- Dahlia, orange and yellow
- Eryngium giganteum 'Miss Willmott's Ghost'
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Fuchsia 'Harry Gray'
- Fuchsia, Hardy
- Geum 'Mrs Bradshaw'
- Hellebore (Christmas Rose)
- Himalayan birch tree
- Impatiens Seeds (Busy Lizzie)
- Iris - Bearded
- Iris reticulata
- Jelly Ear Fungus
- Knautia macedonica
- Lamprocapnos spectabilis alba (Dicentra)
- Lathrus odoratus (Sweet Pea)
- Lavendula (Lavender)
- Lily petal
- Mahonia 'Winter sun'
- Melianthus Major, leaf
- Melianthus major, leaf
- Mysotis (Forget-me-not)
- Nemphila maculata (Five Spot Flower)
- Nicotiana (Tobacco Plant)
- Nigella (Love in a Mist)
- Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose)
- Onopordum acanthium (Giant Scotch Thistle)
- Oriental Lily
- Passiflora (Passion Flower)
- Pelargonium, pink
- Primula veris (Cowslip)
- Primula vulgaris (Primrose)
- Raspberries, Autumn
- Rosa 'High Hopes'
- Rosa High Hopes (Climbing Rose)
- Rosa: High Hopes (Pink climbing rose)
- Rose (Miniature orange)
- Rose (pink bud)
- Rose, red
- Rudbeckia (Coneflower)
- Runner Bean Seeds
- Sarococca confusa (Sweet box)
- Saxifraga x arendsii
- Sorbus aucuparia (Rowan Tree)
- Stipa gigantea
- Sycamore tree leaf
- Thalictrum delavayi
- Tulip, red
- Tulip, white
- Verbena bonariensis
- Viburnum bodnantense 'Dawn'
- Viburnum x burkwoodii
- Viola riviniana (Common Dog Violet)
Plants by Colour
Plants attractive to bees and butterflies
Phlox subulata ‘Tamaongalei’ Evergreen Perennial, flowers May-June
A pretty rockery plant which puts on a great display of these candy striped flowers, loved by the bees. It is tidied up after flowering.
Herbaceous Perennial, flowers April
This is a wildflower that blooms around Easter time, and a sign that Spring has arrived.